The Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro diagnostic scanner is an excellent tool for car repair shop owners, professional mechanics, and DIYer enthusiasts.
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Description:
The Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro is built to take your diagnostic experience to a whole new level. Loaded with oil service reset, battery registration and reset, parking brake pad relearn after replacement, steering angle sensor relearn and diesel particulate filter regeneration functions, MD806 Pro can access ALL available modules for the best diagnosis operations.
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Highlights:
1. Support AutoScan
2. Print Diagnostic Reports via PC connection
3. Lifetime Free Update Online on Autel Official website
4. Supports Mutiple Languages: English, Traditional Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Italian, Greek, Simplified Chinese.
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Advantages:
1. All Car Systems Diagnosis: Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro OBDII scanner can diagnose ALL CAR SYSTEMS of OBD2/EOBD compliant vehicles. Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro car scan tool supports all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN. It’s a professional diagnostic tool that has unmatched vehicle compatibility and retrieves generic codes, manufacturer-specific codes and pending codes.
2. All ECUs Covered: The Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro diagnostic tool scans all the systems on a car (Engine, Transmission, Body, Chassis and Powertrain etc.) to read / clear codes, read live data, ECU information and freeze frame.
3. Most Useful Service Features: Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro auto scanner comes with most useful service functions including Oil Reset, EPB, SAS, BMS and DPF. This car scanner can perform change oil monitor reset, parking brake pad relearn, steering angle sensor calibration, DPF regeneration, throttle adaptation and adjust A/F functions.
4. Complete OBD2 Functions: Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro auto scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII diagnostic functions including read and clear fault codes, view freeze frame data, retrieve I/M readiness to pass smog check, view live PID data of multiple sensors in text or graph, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test(Mode 6), Component Test to check EVAP system, DTC Lookup, Module Present and view vehicle information(VIN, CIN and CVN).
5. User Friendly: The Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Automotive Scan Tool comes with Auto VIN Acquisition technology that can retrieve VIN information automatically fast! Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro diagnostic scanner, with the unique Auto Scan function, can perform comprehensive scanning over all the systems on the vehicle’s ECU to locate fault systems and retrieve DTCs at one touch!
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Features:
1.Support Read/Clear Codes and Live Data functions for ALL systems
2.Read and clear trouble codes, control, and test BMS/Oil Reset/ SRS/EPB/DPF systems
3.Perform O2 monitor, on-board monitor, I/M readiness and component testing
4.Global OBD II coverage for the U.S., Asian and European makes and models
5.All OBD II protocols, all 10 test modes, and enhanced OBD II mode 6 support
6.Print diagnostic reports via PC. Software lifetime free to update
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Functions:
1. Autel MD806 Pro ALL System Diagnoses
Guide Directly to the Fix and Eliminate Guesswork, MD806 PRO allows you to:
1) Retrieve ECU information of tested control units including unit type, version numbers, and other specifications;
2) Read & Erase DTCs to locate problem areas and clear the codes easily;
3) View live data of each parameter item;
4) Get access to all vehicle systems and subsystems, such as Engine; Automatic Transmission; Suspension; Audio; IMMO Immobilizer; Air Conditioning; Auto Headlamp; ACC; Car Radio Audio; Car Door Windows etc. To perform a comprehensive scanning process on ECUs to locate the faulty systems and retrieve the DTCs related.
2. Read and clear trouble codes for Special Functions
OLS - Support oil service reset
BMS - Support battery registration and reset
DPF - Diesel particulate service including forced regeneration
SAS - Reset steering angle sensor functionality
EPB - Relearn parking brake pad after replacement
Odometer - Reset service mileage and service intervals Throttle
3. Autel MD806 Pro Designed with full OBD2 Functions
1) Read & clear detected diagnostic trouble codes and turn off the Check Engine Light;
2) Read I/M readiness status to have a vehicle inspected for state emissions compliance;
3) View graphical live data of vehicle's computer module(s) for easy analyses;
4) View the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected;
5) Show the last results of the O2 sensor test in the graphic display for troubleshooting;
6) Read the results of on-board diagnostic monitoring tests for specific components/systems;
7) Component Test: Allow initiating a leak test for the vehicle's EVAP system;
8) Retrieve the vehicle information of VIN, CINs, and CVNs completely
MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Service:
The MaxiDiag MD806 Pro provide ABS, SRS (Airbag), Engine, Transmission, Oil Reset, EPB, DPF, SAS, BMS, Throttle and Adjust A/F functions for most modern vehicles on the road today. Select the Service function from the Main Menu to access the special functions.
1. Oil Reset:
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. An oil change is required whenever indicated by the display and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where the oil is change dprior to a service indicator being turned on, also reset the system.
This electric parking brake (EPB) function has a multitude of uses to maintain the electronic braking systems safely and effectively.
1). Ensure that you are fully familiar with the braking system and its operation before commencing any work.
2). The EPB control system may be required to be deactivated before carrying out any maintenance/diagnostic work on the brake system.This can be done from the tool menu.
3). Only carry out maintenance work when the vehicle is stationary and on level ground.
4). Ensure that the EPB control system is reactivated after the maintenance work has been completed.
Steering Angle Sensor Calibration permanently stores the current steering wheel position as the straight-ahead position in the steering angle sensor EEPROM. Therefore, the front wheels and the steering wheel must be set exactly to the straight-ahead position before calibration. In addition, the vehicle identification number is also read from the instrument cluster and stored permanently in the steering angle sensor EEPROM. On successful completion of calibration, the steering angle sensor fault memory isautomatically cleared
The DPF function allows you to carry out numerous functions on the Diesel Particulate Filter system without having to send your car to a main dealer.The tool will manage DPF regeneration, DPF component replacement teach-in and DPF teach-in after replacing the engine control unit.
The BMS (Battery Management System) allows the scan tool to evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current, register the battery replacement, activate the rest state of the vehicle, and charge the battery via the diagnostic socket.
MaxiDiag MD806 Pro All System Diagnostic Functions:
1. OBD II Diagnostics:
The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the drive train systems of OBD II vehicles.When more than one vehicle control module is detected by the scan tool,you will be prompted to select the module where the data may be retrieved.The most often to be selected are the Power-train Control Module [PCM] and Transmission Control Module [TCM].
Select this function to display the system status of the test vehicle, refer to the following description for the system status of the test vehicle.
1. OK – indicates that the monitor being checked has completed its diagnostic testing.
2. INC – indicates that the monitor being checked has not completed its diagnostic testing.
3. N/A – indicates that the monitor is not supported on that vehicle.
2. Read Codes:
Read Codes can be done with the key on engine off (KOEO) or with the key on engine running (KOER). This function is used to read the detailed information of a particular diagnostic trouble code for technicians to better solve the problem.
3. Erase Codes:
Erase Codes is performed with key on engine off (KOEO). This function is used to delete diagnostic trouble code when the fault the caused the specific DTC is fixed.
4. Record Data:
The Record Data function allows recording vehicle modules’ Parameter Identification (PID) data to help diagnose intermittent vehicle problems. You could save data files to the Micro SD card and then use the Playback function to view the saved files.
5. Freeze Frame:
Freeze Frame Data allows the technician to view the vehicle’s operating parameters at the moment a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) is detected.For example, the parameters may include engine speed (RPM), engine coolant temperature (ECT), or vehicle speed sensor (VSS) etc. This information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
6. I/M Readiness:
I/M Readiness function is used to check the operations of the Emission System on OBD II compliant vehicles. It is an excellent function to use prior to having a vehicle inspected for compliance to a state emission program.
7. O2 Monitor Test:
OBD II regulations set by SAE require the relevant vehicle monitors and tests on the oxygen (O2) sensors to identify problems related to fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions. These tests are not on-demand tests and they are done automatically when engine operating conditions are within specified limits. These test results are saved in the on-board computer's memory.
8. On-Board Monitor Test:
The On-Board Monitor Test is useful after servicing or after erasing a vehicle’s control module memory. The On-Board Monitor Test is used for non-CAN-equipped vehicles to retrieve and display test results for emission-related power train components and systems that are not continuously monitored. This function is also used for CAN-equipped vehicles to retrieve and display test results for emission-related power train components and systems that are continuously and non-continuously monitored. Test and components IDs are determined by the vehicle manufacturer.
9. Component Test:
The Component Test function allows initiating a leak test for the vehicle's EVAP system. The scan tool itself does not perform the leak test, but commands the vehicle's on-board computer to start the test. Different vehicle manufacturers might have different criteria and methods for stopping the test once it has been started. Before starting the Component Test, refer to the vehicle service manual for instructions to stop the test.
10. Vehicle Information:
The Vehicle Info. function enables retrieval of Vehicle Identification No.(VIN), Calibration ID Nos. (CINs), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs) and In-use Performance Tracking on 2000 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9.
11. Modules Present:
The Modules Present function allows viewing of the module IDs and communication protocols for OBD II modules in the vehicle.
12. DTC Lookup:
The DTC Lookup function allows user to search definitions of DTC stored in built-in DTC library
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Vehicle Coverage:
MD806 Pro supports Global OBD II coverage for U.S. domestic, Asian and European makes and models. All OBD II protocols, all 10 test modes and enhanced OBD II mode 6 support.
1. Autel MD806 PRO Oil Reset Service Coverage:
1) Asian: for Acura, for Honda, for Hyundai, for Infiniti, for Isuzu, for Kia, for Lexus, for Maruti, for Suzuki, for Mazda, for Mitsubishi, for Nissan, for Scion, for Subaru, for Suzuki, for Toyota, for AU Holden
2) European: for Audi, for Abarth, for Alfa, for BMW, for Bentley, for Benz, for Bugatti, for Citroen, for Dacia, for Fiat, for Jaguar, for Lancia, for Land Rover, for MINI, for Maybach, for Opel, for Peugeot, for Porsche, for Renault, for Saab, for Seat, for Skoda, for Smart, for Sprinter, for Vauxhall, for Volkswagen, for Volvo
3) USA: for Chrysler, for Ford
2. Autel MD806 PRO EPB Service Coverage:
1) Asian: for Acura, for Honda, for Hyundai, for Infiniti, for Kia, for Lexus, for Nissan, for Scion, for Toyota
2) European: for Audi, for BMW, for Bentley, for Benz, for Bugatti, for Citroen, for EU Ford, for Jaguar, for LandRover, for MINI, for Maybach, for Opel, for Peugeot, for Porsche, for Renault, for Seat, for Skoda, for Vauxhall, for Volkswagen, for Volvo
3) USA: for Chrysler, for Ford
3. Autel MD806 PRO SAS Service Coverage:
1) Asian: for Acura, for Honda, for Hyundai, for Infiniti, for Kia, for Lexus, for Maruti Suzuki, for Mitsubishi, for Nissan, for Scion, for Subaru, for Suzuki, for Toyota, for AU Holden
2) European: for Audi, for Abarth, for Alfa, for BMW, for Bentley, for Benz, for Bugatti, for Citroen, for Dacia, for EU Ford, for Fiat, for Jaguar, for Lancia, for LandRover, for MINI, for Maybach, for Opel, for Peugeot, for Renault, for Seat, for Skoda, for Vauxhall, for Volkswagen, for Volvo
3) USA: for Chrysler, for Ford, for GM
4. Autel MD806 PRO DPF Service Coverage:
1) Asian: for Acura, for Honda, for Hyundai, for Infiniti, for Kia, for Lexus, for Mazda, for Mitsubishi, for Nissan, for Scion, for Suzuki, for Toyota
2) European: for Audi, for Abarth, for Alfa, for BMW, for Bentley, for Benz, for Bugatti, for Citroen, for EU Ford, for Fiat, for Jaguar, for Lancia, for LandRover, for MINI, for Opel, for Peugeot, for Renault, for Seat, for Skoda, for Sprinter, for Vauxhall, for Volkswagen, for Volvo
3) USA: for Chrysler, for Ford, for GM
5. Autel MD806 PRO BMS Service Coverage:
1) Asian: for Infiniti, for Lexus, for Mitsubishi, for Nissan, for Scion, for Suzuki, for Toyota
2) European: for Audi, for BMW, for Bentley, for Bugatti, for Citroen, for Jaguar, for Land Rover, for MINI, for Peugeot, for Porsche, for Seat, for Skoda, for Volkswagen, for Volvo
3) USA: for Ford
6. Autel MD806 PRO Throttle Service Coverage:
1) Asian: for Acura, for Daewoo, for HONDA, for Hyundai, for Infiniti, for Kia, for Lexus, for Maruti Suzuki, for Mazda, for Mitsubishi, for Nissan, for Scion, for Suzuki, for Toyota, for AU Holden
2) European: for Audi, for Abarth, for Alfa, for Bentley, for Bugatti, for Citroen, for Dacia, for Fiat, for Ford EU, for Jaguar, for Lancia, for LandRover, for Opel, for Peugeot, for Porsche, for Renault, for Saab, for Seat, for Skoda, for Vauxhall, for Volkswagen
3) USA: for Chrysler, for Dodge, for Ford, for GM, for Jeep
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Comparison:
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Specification:
ARM® Thumb® Processor running at up to 400 MHz
32MB, 166 MHz
4.0 inch LCD with 800x480 resolution
Mini USB: 2.0
Micro SD Card (16GB)
-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
5% - 95% non-condensing
Strong plastic housing with protective rubber boot
202 mm x 92 mm x 35 mm (8.35” x 3.62” x 1.4”)
313 g (0.69 lb.)
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Package list:
Contact Us:E-mail: Sales@AutelDiag.comSkype: Auteldiag.comWhatsApp: +86-13372689373
1pc x Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro Main Unit
1pc x OBD II Cable
1pc x USB Cable
1pc x Micro SD Card
1pc x Quick Guide
1pc x Carry Case
If you need the User Manual, please click to download the User Manual directly.
How To Register Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro
User would update the scan tool ONLY after you had registered the tool on our website: www.autel.com. Then you could download software, update online, retrieve information and get warranty service.
Note: Prior to registration, please confirm your network is working properly.
1. Visit the website http://pro.autel.com.
2. If you already have an Autel account, Sign In with your account ID and password.
3. If you are a new member to Autel, click on the Create Autel ID
button on the left side to create an ID.
4. Enter the required information in the input fields, and click the Get Verification Code
button to get a verification code for email validation.
5. The online system will automatically send a verification code to the registered email address. Input the code in the Verification Code
field and complete other required fields. Read through Autel’s Terms and Conditions and click on Agree
, and then click Create Autel ID
at the bottom. A product registration screen will display.
6. The device’s serial number and password is located in the About section of the System Setup application on the tool.
7. Select your product model, enter the product serial number and password on the Product Registration
screen, and click Submit
to complete the registration procedure.
How to Update Autel MaxiDiag MD806
Autel frequently releases software updates that you can download. The Update feature makes it very easy to determine and get exactly what you need.
There are two ways to update your tool.
1. Remove the Micro SD card from the device and connect it with a Windows-based computer for updating.
2. Connect your tool with a Windows-based computer using the supplied USB cable and select Update on the Main Menu to enter Update Mode.
The update procedures for the above two update methods are the same. Follow the update procedure to finish updating.
1. Download the Maxi PC Suite
from www.autel.com and install on your Windows-based PC.
2. Run the Maxi PC Suite. Wait for the Log In window to pop up.
3. Enter your Autel ID
and password and wait for the Update window to display. If you forget your password, you may click the [Forget Password
?] to link to our website and find your password back. Or you may click Sign up to create an Autel ID to continue.
4. Select the product type and serial number, click OK
5. In the Update window, select the items you want to install. Usually, you should install all available updates.
Generally, there are two ways to update programs:
1. Select the programs that you would update by clicking on the check boxes next to those items. Then click the Update All button on the right bottom of screen. Click the Clear All button will reselect the items you want to update.
2. Or, click on the Select All checkbox on the left bottom of screen and all updatable items will be selected automatically. Then click the Update All button on the right side of screen.
3. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded programs will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
1. Find out the desired updating item and click the Update button in the same line.
2. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded program will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
View or Delete Programs
To view the list of installed programs or to delete an installed program, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Installed tag entry and the page will show the list of programs installed.
2. Select the program(s) that you would delete
Select the programs that you would delete by clicking on the check boxes to the left of those items. Then click the Uninstall All button on the right bottom of screen. Single delete: Click the Uninstall button in the line of your would-be-deleted program.
3. A window asking “Are you sure to delete the software?” will pop up for your confirmation.
Click on OK to delete the program(s) selected, or on Cancel to quit the action.
The deleted program will automatically add to the end of program list in the Update page in case you would like to install again.
In the search box on the right top corner of the screen, you can enter any words to search the software you desired, and this function works for both Update Available column and Installed column.
The Print Data function allows printing out DTC data recorded by the service tool by connecting the scan tool to a Windows-based PC or laptop with the USB cable supplied.
1. Download the Maxi PC Suite from www.autel.com and install. You can use a Windows-based computer to download suitable versions from the website and proceed.
2. Connect the scanner to computer with the USB cable supplied.
3. Run Autel Printer software on computer.
4. Select Playback function in Main Screen of the tool. In data menu screen, use the UP/DOWN scroll button to select the data you want to print. Wait for the reviewing window to display, and then select Print function. The selected file will be uploaded to your computer.
5. The Printer will display as below.
6. The selected data will display on the textbox. Select the appropriate function key on the right to execute one of the following operations:
Print – print all data in the textbox to a printer connected to your computer.
Edit – display an editable NOTEPAD window with recorded data.
Copy – copy data in the textbox to the clipboard.
Clear – delete data in the textbox.
Exit – quit the operation.
NOTE The print function is not available on Mac for the present.
Autel MD806 Pro Review: Super Worth The Money
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro diagnostic scan tool is of course cheap to buy. It was $239 dollars on auteldiag.com which is an absolutely ideal scan tool in my opinion. I got the tool and the case last week, it is including a quick guide and the USD cable. That is the case, look, it is nice big and sturdy.
I’ll give you a quick demonstration. This is the OBD2 cable, it is quite small, but can fit very snugly in my car. Turn on the ignition, okay, it is power on now, there are 6 function buttons on the main menu. I will test the “Scan” function first.
Scan >> European >> Vauxhall >> (4)2004 >> Astra-G
This is not a full system scanner, there are 4 modules you can scan in the vehicle: engine, body, chassis and transmission.
Engine >> Search engine
I just do it over a general scan, it is automatically picked up that we have a fault codes. Click it to show the details, fault codes is P0141-8 Intermittent. It can return back to erase the codes as well.
Now I gonna exit to system menu to select “Z 20 LET”, I can also perform ECU identification, read codes, erase codes and live data here.
Live data >> Data list
All the live data you can look at the screen, it is really a good tool for the money.
Let’s go into OBD2 function generally. Just read codes again. The diagnostic menu including system status, read codes, erase codes, live dta, freeze frame, I/M readiness, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, component test, vehicle info, modules present and DTC lookup.
Now let’s go to service function, you can do a service like oil reset, EPB, SAS, DPF, BMS, Throttle. You can go into the function to select region and car model for maintenance service.
Overall, Autel MD806 Pro Diagnostic Tool is absolutely super valuable for the money that I will definitely recommend it.