- Autel CAN FD Adapter enables diagnostics of vehicles using the CAN FD (CAN Flexible Data-Rate) protocol used on newer 2018-2021 GM and Ford vehicles
- Autel CAN FD Adapter works with MS906, MS906BT, 808 series, cannot work with AP200 nor Maxiflash PRO.
Original Autel CAN FD Adapter for GM MY2020 Vehicles, Compatible with VCI 100 and MaxiSys Series
CAN FD Protocol You Should Know:
- Vehicles currently using this faster CAN FD (CAN Flexible Data-Rate) protocol include many General Motors and Ford 2019 and 2020 vehicles. CAN FD is one of the newer communication protocols, noted for being faster, more reliable, and more secure.
CAN FD Adapter Features:
- 1. Original Autel Brand Tool
- 2. Support Can FD Protocol
- 3. Compatible with Autel's MaxiFlash Elite J2534-VCI, Wireless Diagnostic Interface, VCI 100 and VCI Mini.
- 4.Designed to work with Maxisys Elite, MaxiSys 908 series and MaxiSys 906 series to communicate with applicable vehicles.
- 4. Vehicles Supported: Designed to support diagnosis of vehicle models with CAN FD protocol, including the MY2020 GM models.
- 5.Small size and easy to carry, superior flexibility and durability.
- 6.Autel CAN FD Adapter comes with a one-year warranty.
SUPPORT CAN FD PROTOCOL
- Designed to support diagnosis of vehicle models with CAN FD protocol, including the MY2020 GM models.
Compatible with Autel VCI
- Compatible with a supported Autel vehicle communication interface (VC) to communicate with applicable vehicles.
CAN FD Cable Works With The Following Models
- 2020+ Corvette
- 2020+ Cadillac CT5
- 2020+ Cadillac CTS4
- 2021+ Large SUVs
- 2018+ Expedition/Navigator
- 2018+ EcoSport
- 2019+ Ranger
- 2020+ Transit
- 2019+ Transit Connect
- 2020+ Explorer/Aviator
- 2020+ Super Duty
- 2020+ Escape/Corsair
The CAN FD Adapter from Autel is designed to connect to compatible vehicle communication interfaces (VCIs) to enable its tablets to communicate via the CAN FD (flexible data-rate) communications protocol and diagnose the vehicle.
Vehicles currently using the CAN FD protocol include many General Motors and Ford 2019 and 2020 vehicles.
NOTE: Compatible with VCI or VCI/J2534 device included with Gen 1 Autel MaxiSys units: MX808, MS905, MS906, MS906BT, MS906TS, MS908, MS908P, MSELITE
NOTE: Compatible with VCI/J2534 device included with the Gen 2 Autel MaxiSys units: MaxiADAS, MS908S, MS908SP, IM508, IM608
NOTE:CAN FD Adapter not required for Autel Gen 3 units: Ultra, MS919 or MS909.
NOTE:Cannot work with AP200 or Maxiflash Pro
NOTE:Prior to use, update the VCI with the latest firmware.
( To update the VCI, use the power supply and plug in the MaxiSYS tablet to an electrical outlet. Attach the supplied USB cable to the MaxiSYS tablet. Tap the VCI icon on the Tablet toolbar. Next, tap the VCI firmware version and if an update is available, tap Update for the new version to install. A progress bar will display as the update is installed. Once completed, follow the instructions displayed and reboot the VCI by detecting the USB cable from the VCI and then plugging the USB cable back into the VCI. The tabler will then connect to the VCI. A message will display once the VCI update is completed.)
How to Use CAN FD Adapter?
■MaxiFlash Elite J2534-VCI/ Wireless Diagnostic Interface:
Contact Us:E-mail: Sales@AutelDiag.comSkype: Auteldiag.comWhatsApp: +86-13372689373
01.Connect the main cable' s female adapter to the Vehicle Data connector on the VCl unitand tighten the captive(thumb)screws.
02.Connect the CAN FD adapter 's 16-pin feamale connector to the main cable ' s male adapter.
03.Connect the attached CAN FD adapter to the vehicle' s DLC which is generally located under the vehicle dashboard.
■VCI 100/VCI Mini:
01. Connect the CAN FD adapter's 16-pin female connector to the Vehicle Data Connector on the VCI unit.
02. Connect the attached CAN FD adapter to the vehicle's DLC .which is generally located under the vehicle dashboard.
Autel CAN FD Overview:
1pc x AUTEL CAN FD Adapter
Autel CAN FD Adapter Unboxing
Autel CAN FD Adapter
can expand the support of the CAN FD protocol to specifically support the diagnosis of some new models. Such as 2020+ GM models, 2018- Ford models. The CAN FD Adapter must be used with a supported Autel VCI(vehicle communication interface) to communicate with applicable vehicles.
- Gen 1 Autel MaxiSys units: MX808/MP808, MS905, MS906, MS906BT, MS906TS, MS908, MS908P, MSELITE.
- Gen 2 Autel MaxiSys units: MaxiADAS, MS908S, MS908SP, IM508, IM608, IM608 Pro
- Note: Autel Gen 3 units: Ultra, MS919 or MS909 have already supported the protocol, no need for this adapter.
Autel CAN FD Adapter Review
Review1. Diagnose on a GM Chevrolet Onix E 2020 with DS808 successfully.
Review2. Program Chevrolet Onix 2021 all keys lost with IM608 successfully.
Need to use CAN FD Adapter & get a password from the third party. All keys lost will clear all previous keys. Finally learning 1 new key successfully.