How To Register Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro
User would update the scan tool ONLY after you had registered the tool on our website: www.autel.com. Then you could download software, update online, retrieve information and get warranty service.
Note: Prior to registration, please confirm your network is working properly.
1. Visit the website http://pro.autel.com.
2. If you already have an Autel account, Sign In with your account ID and password.
3. If you are a new member to Autel, click on the Create Autel ID
button on the left side to create an ID.
4. Enter the required information in the input fields, and click the Get Verification Code
button to get a verification code for email validation.
5. The online system will automatically send a verification code to the registered email address. Input the code in the Verification Code
field and complete other required fields. Read through Autel’s Terms and Conditions and click on Agree
, and then click Create Autel ID
at the bottom. A product registration screen will display.
6. The device’s serial number and password is located in the About section of the System Setup application on the tool.
7. Select your product model, enter the product serial number and password on the Product Registration
screen, and click Submit
to complete the registration procedure.
How to Update Autel MaxiDiag MD806
Autel frequently releases software updates that you can download. The Update feature makes it very easy to determine and get exactly what you need.
There are two ways to update your tool.
1. Remove the Micro SD card from the device and connect it with a Windows-based computer for updating.
2. Connect your tool with a Windows-based computer using the supplied USB cable and select Update on the Main Menu to enter Update Mode.
The update procedures for the above two update methods are the same. Follow the update procedure to finish updating.
1. Download the Maxi PC Suite
from www.autel.com and install on your Windows-based PC.
2. Run the Maxi PC Suite. Wait for the Log In window to pop up.
3. Enter your Autel ID
and password and wait for the Update window to display. If you forget your password, you may click the [Forget Password
?] to link to our website and find your password back. Or you may click Sign up to create an Autel ID to continue.
4. Select the product type and serial number, click OK
5. In the Update window, select the items you want to install. Usually, you should install all available updates.
Generally, there are two ways to update programs:
1. Select the programs that you would update by clicking on the check boxes next to those items. Then click the Update All button on the right bottom of screen. Click the Clear All button will reselect the items you want to update.
2. Or, click on the Select All checkbox on the left bottom of screen and all updatable items will be selected automatically. Then click the Update All button on the right side of screen.
3. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded programs will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
1. Find out the desired updating item and click the Update button in the same line.
2. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded program will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
View or Delete Programs
To view the list of installed programs or to delete an installed program, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Installed tag entry and the page will show the list of programs installed.
2. Select the program(s) that you would delete
Select the programs that you would delete by clicking on the check boxes to the left of those items. Then click the Uninstall All button on the right bottom of screen. Single delete: Click the Uninstall button in the line of your would-be-deleted program.
3. A window asking “Are you sure to delete the software?” will pop up for your confirmation.
Click on OK to delete the program(s) selected, or on Cancel to quit the action.
The deleted program will automatically add to the end of program list in the Update page in case you would like to install again.
In the search box on the right top corner of the screen, you can enter any words to search the software you desired, and this function works for both Update Available column and Installed column.
The Print Data function allows printing out DTC data recorded by the service tool by connecting the scan tool to a Windows-based PC or laptop with the USB cable supplied.
1. Download the Maxi PC Suite from www.autel.com and install. You can use a Windows-based computer to download suitable versions from the website and proceed.
2. Connect the scanner to computer with the USB cable supplied.
3. Run Autel Printer software on computer.
4. Select Playback function in Main Screen of the tool. In data menu screen, use the UP/DOWN scroll button to select the data you want to print. Wait for the reviewing window to display, and then select Print function. The selected file will be uploaded to your computer.
5. The Printer will display as below.
6. The selected data will display on the textbox. Select the appropriate function key on the right to execute one of the following operations:
Print – print all data in the textbox to a printer connected to your computer.
Edit – display an editable NOTEPAD window with recorded data.
Copy – copy data in the textbox to the clipboard.
Clear – delete data in the textbox.
Exit – quit the operation.
NOTE The print function is not available on Mac for the present.
Autel MD806 Pro Review: Super Worth The Money
Autel MaxiDiag MD806 Pro diagnostic scan tool is of course cheap to buy. It was $239 dollars on auteldiag.com which is an absolutely ideal scan tool in my opinion. I got the tool and the case last week, it is including a quick guide and the USD cable. That is the case, look, it is nice big and sturdy.
I’ll give you a quick demonstration. This is the OBD2 cable, it is quite small, but can fit very snugly in my car. Turn on the ignition, okay, it is power on now, there are 6 function buttons on the main menu. I will test the “Scan” function first.
Scan >> European >> Vauxhall >> (4)2004 >> Astra-G
This is not a full system scanner, there are 4 modules you can scan in the vehicle: engine, body, chassis and transmission.
Engine >> Search engine
I just do it over a general scan, it is automatically picked up that we have a fault codes. Click it to show the details, fault codes is P0141-8 Intermittent. It can return back to erase the codes as well.
Now I gonna exit to system menu to select “Z 20 LET”, I can also perform ECU identification, read codes, erase codes and live data here.
Live data >> Data list
All the live data you can look at the screen, it is really a good tool for the money.
Let’s go into OBD2 function generally. Just read codes again. The diagnostic menu including system status, read codes, erase codes, live dta, freeze frame, I/M readiness, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, component test, vehicle info, modules present and DTC lookup.
Now let’s go to service function, you can do a service like oil reset, EPB, SAS, DPF, BMS, Throttle. You can go into the function to select region and car model for maintenance service.
Overall, Autel MD806 Pro Diagnostic Tool is absolutely super valuable for the money that I will definitely recommend it.